Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
It's got my face on the front cover.
Is this awesome y/n?
Or it'll all be ruined.
I'm listening to "Dog on Wheels" right now. This is definitely y
your local called? I want to come...
has meg baird really cancelled?thats really shit
i want your friend to be my friend
but skip track 3 on fold yr hands
it ruins everything
You're not missing much.
but you'll miss out on the chalet lines!
Stuart's upbeat stuff is miles better.
but i've always had a soft spot for that track.
which, perversely, might be my favourite B&S song.
skip to the final song. 'There's Too Much Love' is one of the few genuinely brilliant things theyve recorded since the post-BWTAS decline.
Not a chance, Dear Catastrophe Waitress and The Life Pursuit are both great. Belle and Sebastian's album quality graph roughly resembles a U.
I'm sick of people dissing their last two album's d'ye hear? Sick of it I say!
Your cover's blown is funkily good as well.
you gave the sex/a massive cake?
I am well happy
Having given this glaring gap in my musical reportoire a few days to sink in, I have come to the following conclusions.
1) Roughly half of their songs concern P.E. lessons in the late 1970s.
2) Someone should tell the backing male vocalist to stop it.
3) The entire population of Edinburgh consists of fey, arch, literate girls in their late teens who spend a lot of time in laundromats.
4) In the middle of any given Belle and Sebastian album comes a well nigh irrisistable urge to switch off and put some heavy metal on instead.
5) They never did anything as good as This Is Just A Modern Rock Song.
and its about half the population. the other half are murderers and such like.
i bought a joblot on ebay ages ago...every album
all my teeth fell out
The 'pop' era. It's when I got into them and I still prefer it to the early stuff.
Certainly not humane.