- Hot Club de Paris »
- Moshi Moshi Music »
This is the second single from Liverpool three piece, and new bezzie mates of Maximo Park, Hot Club de Paris. Lead track ’Everyeveryeverything’ is at best alright: unpolished boy-shouty pop, that sounds more akin to Northern Uproar than their sharp-suited mentors.
B-side ’Hello Comrade (I Quit My Job)’ is a much more interesting offering. The playing-with-my-mind 7/8 beat and car alarm riff belie the ode to dole-boredom of the lyrics, and it all comes over like Bromheads Jacket’s scally cousins. It’s a shame this is the track that didn’t make the album.
- Leeds gets another festival in Play Patterns
- Hot Club de Paris - The Rise And Inevitable Fall Of The High School Suicide Cluster Band
- In Photos: Hot Club de Paris @ The Lexington, London
- Spotifriday #32 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- Hot Club de Paris - With Days Like This As Cheap As Chewing Gum, Why Would Anyone Want To Work?
- In Photos: Brainwash Festival, Leeds
- Johnny Foreigner's 2008 diary: June
- Track-by-Track: Hot Club de Paris' Live At Dead Lake