- My Chemical Romance »
- Warner Bros. »
Since when have pop-goth types My Chemical Romance been trying to ape the sing/snarl histrionics of Glassjaw and Faith No More? I had them pegged as some kiddie-core chancers, propelled to glossy cover status through deft marketing and a few mighty riffs peppered across otherwise stale pop-rock. Oh, and as the thieves of the Icarus Line's old wardrobe. But nope - this song is good, really. I so wish I was joking.
Sure, it's tailor-made for the mass MTV markets - all the hooks are in the right places and dangerously well signposted - but I'll be damned if I didn't crack a smile to its soaring vocals and genuinely rockin' chorus. Perhaps the opening few seconds stray rather close to Lostprophets territory, but I'll forgive them such a slight diversion for the remaining two-and-a-bit minutes of unashamed drama, all mega-budget explosions and beautiful dames in distress.
Shit, there goes any cred' I thought I'd attained.
- In Photos: Reading Festival 2011 - Day 1
- In Photos: Leeds Festival 2011 - Day 2
- In Photos: My Chemical Romance @ Leeds Festival 2011
- This Week's Singles: 10/01/11
- My Chemical Romance - Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys
- Spotifriday #70 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- DiS meets My Chemical Romance: "It's hard to stay dirty"
- In Photos: My Chemical Romance @ Edinburgh Corn Exchange