- Mclusky »
- Too Pure »
Their old singer is an, ahem, _ex_-criminal…
Censorship-related alterations aside, Mclusky may seem to be getting a bit subtler, but only in order to incorporate a growing vitriolic disillusionment (or whatever) that would just seem aimless otherwise. Those initial Pixies references seem as relevant as ever – hence, perhaps, this is particularly suggested for the school that prefers ‘Alan Is A Cowboy Killer’ to, say, ‘To Hell With Good Intentions’. If this means you’re worried that in terms of thrash-fuzzy guitars they’ve gone a bit soft, then you should be directed to B-side ‘The Gift Of Slight’. And if the above edit makes you fear for their lyrical bite, then maybe you should turn to the typically Mcluskily-titled ‘Dave, Stop Killing Prostitutes’. Needless to say, Falkous has his scary voice on.
- DiS meets Future of the Left’s Andy Falkous
- Playlist: Record Store Day 2012
- Spotifriday #95 - This week on DiS as a playlist ft. Patrick Wolf, Bon Iver, Brian Eno + more
- Mixtape Monday: Especially for You compiled by FOE
- Drowned in Wednesday: Ash? Child? Silly DiSser related nonsense?
- Conversing with myself and another: DiS meets Future Of The Left
- DiScover: Future Of The Left
- Rock Me, Amadeus! Falco's Future of the Left get busy in January