- Ed Harcourt »
- EMI Records »
I like your new single.
But something is not quite right.
'All your days…' is a good song, full of your mandatory chipper, rolling, quirkiness. It's cute. But I've heard it before. Nothing here is very different from the songs on your last one ('Here Be Monsters'). There's no new elements, nothing's changed. I wasn’t expecting a great musical shift but come on honey, pull your socks up, tighten your belt buckle, get a haircut and show us those dimples.
Ed you should be amazing. You should be great BUT as I said, something ain't quite right. Don't get me wrong, it's better than the average radio fodder. You've still got the riverside blues, 70s-flare-adorning-edge and pretty pop keys. It's all still there. BUT this is just a gentle breeze brushing past. I almost didn't notice it.
I want to love all your offerings as much as, if not more than ya divine debut 'Maplewood' that scratched away at my musical devotions, I want this to progress from that. This could be so much more.
Come on Ed!
- DiS Digest: February 2013's Album of the Month, Playlist + more...
- Buzzageddon! Brighton's Great Escape announces first names for the 2013 festival
- Ed Harcourt, Liars, Ghosting Season, Eight and a Half, Luke Abbott's LPs of 2012
- Weekend Listening: M83, SVIIB, HTDA (Trent Reznor), Chvrches, Ed Harcourt, Melody's Echo Chamber +mo
- In Photos: Summer Sundae 2012 @ De Montfort Hall, Leicester
- Stage Times: Drowned in Sound stage at Summer Sundae on Sunday
- Ed Harcourt joins Gold Panda, Japandroids, Django Django and Twilight Sad on the DiS stage at Summer
- "The eccentric & grizzled uncle I never had" - Ed Harcourt on Tom Waits