- Mclusky »
- Too Pure »
Yet again a band I know little about is thrust into my life by someone who couldn’t face his ever-expanding pile of promo CDs (thanks, Sean). Not only has this got one of the best titles I’ve heard in a long-time, it’s also a godsend in a big piles of smelly jobbies that have been passed off as “singles” this year. I’m talking about the singles which you can’t remember five minutes after they’ve finished (eg. Jacko’s last one), the much talked-about but OH so, so, so incredibly dull and disappointing, insipid, indie ballads, the BLAND and the POINTLESS sludge that makes its way onto The Box and MTV. No, no, no, no, no, NO! Enough! YOU MAKE ME SICK!
There’s definitely something stirring out there… The White Stripes are the retro end of the dirty-raw-blooze musical spectrum, while Ikara Colt can be found angrily fizzing away elsewhere, and then there’s McLusky who are somewhere inbetween that retro side and that nu-sleaze which is oh-so-very-tasty indeed. ‘Lightsabre Cocksucking Blues’ gets away with being rude, rash and fun (shit, that didn’t begin with an ‘r’. Never mind), whilst also being very short, and very ACE. And the B-side is just as ace.
If there’s a single as vital and COOL released this year, I want it hunted down and brought to my attention immediately. Aye, I fucking love this, me.
- DiS meets Future of the Left’s Andy Falkous
- Playlist: Record Store Day 2012
- Spotifriday #95 - This week on DiS as a playlist ft. Patrick Wolf, Bon Iver, Brian Eno + more
- Mixtape Monday: Especially for You compiled by FOE
- Drowned in Wednesday: Ash? Child? Silly DiSser related nonsense?
- Conversing with myself and another: DiS meets Future Of The Left
- DiScover: Future Of The Left
- Rock Me, Amadeus! Falco's Future of the Left get busy in January