- Frightened Rabbit »
- Atlantic »
frightened rabbit release their eagerly-awaited fourth studio album 'pedestrian verse', through atlantic records. the album was recorded at the famed monnow valley studio in rockfield, south wales, with producer leo abrahams (brian eno, david byrne, grace jones) behind the board. commenting on the new album, singer scott hutchison says "the title is taken from a lyric in 'state hospital'. i felt it was a nicely faceted title, with enough layered meaning to remain open to interpretation. above all though, it was a gauntlet i threw down for myself. if you call your album 'pedestrian verse', you can't settle for any old lyric. it forced me to better myself. in fact, i think we all stepped up on this album and i believe that our producer leo abrahams had a major role in that step. he threw our music into areas we had not previously imagined. more than any other record we've done this has been a genuine journey of discovery into new ways of working in order to develop and fully realise each of the songs. as a result, i think 'pedestrian verse' the strongest and most interesting record we've made to date."
description from www.roughtrade.com
Pedestrian Verse continues the trajectory of its predecessor, but whereas the charm of the first two Frightened Rabbit albums was an urgency that didn’t allow for polishing, and the third sounded more expansive, the impact of the fourth comes from the quality of the songwriting. »
- Frightened Rabbit: Tour Diary Part 5 - New York, Boston, DC, Philly
- Tour Diary: Frightened Rabbit vs America - Parts 3 & 4
- From Seattle to SXSW: Frightened Rabbit vs America
- DiS Digest: February 2013's Album of the Month, Playlist + more...
- "Clichés, dull lyrics, anything pedestrian – you’re in the sh^t" - DiS meets Frightened Rabbit
- Frightened Rabbit - Pedestrian Verse
- DIS does Eurosonic: Nooderslag Tips + Finnish playlist
- Sharon Van Etten, SVIIB, Yeasayer, Frightened Rabbit + FOE's LPs of 2012