- Yo La Tengo »
- Matador Records »
recorded with john mcentire at soma studios electronic studios in chicago, 'fade' is reminiscent of landmarks like 1997's 'i can hear the heart beating as one' and 2000's 'and then nothing turned itself inside out', but there's no shortage of moments that stand far apart from anything the trio have done previously. the 10 song collection, arguably the most focused and cohesive output from ira, georgia and james to date, is a tapestry of fine melody and elegant noise, rhythmic shadowplay and shy-eyed orchestral beauty, songcraft and experimentation. 'fade's lyrical themes of aging, tragedy and emotional bonds are woven into a fully-realized whole ; the results are direct, personal and more than a little uplifting.
description from www.roughtrade.com
- DiS Digest: January 2013's Album of the Month, Playlist + more...
- Yo La Tengo - Fade
- Yo La Tengo to tour the UK in June
- Spotifriday #43 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- Yo La Tengo to release remix 'EP' ft. RJD2, De La Soul + more
- Spotifriday #28 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- ATP My Bloody Valentine: Friday
- Yo La Tengo - Popular Songs