- Mexican Summer »
two stellar ambient artists, tim hecker and relative newcomer daniel lopatin (aka oneohtrix point never), team up for a collaborative album titled 'instrumental tourist' released via daniel lopatin and joel ford's software label. the release is the first in software's sstudios series, which invites artists in the field of electronic music to create collaborative works of quality and vision. hecker and lopatin designed a sound palette from the acoustic resonance of digitally-sourced 'instruments of the world.' the two met in the studio looking to record in the style of jazz-based improvisation, meaning there was little preparation in advance.
description from www.roughtrade.com
- Tim Hecker, Daniel Lopatin - Instrumental Tourist
- Supersonic 2012: the DiS review
- Drowned In Manchester #10 – Festival Preview Spotify Special
- Articulate Silences, Ambient Sounds #12
- Spotifriday #121: The Antlers, PJ Harvey, The Shins + more
- Drowned in Sound's Albums of the Year: 5-1
- Spotifriday #119: Lykke Li, Drake, Factory Floor, Tim Hecker, R.E.M...
- Spotifriday #110 - This week on DiS as a playlist ft. Bauhaus, Twin Sister, Wilco