- Regina Spektor »
- Warner Bros. »
regina spektor releases her highly anticipated new studio album 'what we saw from the cheap seats' on sire / warner bros. records. the album reunites spektor with production partner mike elizondo (eminem, fiona apple, dr dre) and is her first album of new material since 2009's 'far'.
'what we saw from the cheap seats' was recorded over an eight week period this past summer in los angeles. spektor wrote each of the eleven tracks on the album. she arrived at the session with a collection of new compositions, but others were pulled from earlier periods. she and elizondo fleshed out instrumentation and sought to make each of the songs stand-alone sonically. most of the songs were recorded live with spektor on piano and vocals, while additional instrumentation was added to these original takes.
description from www.roughtrade.com
- In Photos: Regina Spektor @ Royal Albert Hall, Lonfdon
- Regina Spektor - What We Saw From The Cheap Seats
- DiS in Australia: Splendour In The Grass 2011
- Regina Spektor - Live in London
- 10 Years of Singer-Songwriters: Some Thoughts
- Listen: Regina Spektor covers Radiohead
- DiS staffers '09 Mixtapes - Part 3
- Spotifriday #28 - This Week on DiS as a playlist