- Richard Hawley »
- Parlophone »
following the success of his award-winning, hugely acclaimed 2009 album 'truelove's gutter', richard hawley releases his sixth studio album, 'standing at the sky's edge'. recorded at sheffield's yellow arch studio in 2011, 'standing at the sky's edge' marks a seismic shift in direction for hawley. the album is a euphoric, sonic assault on the senses, channelling elements of psychedelia, space rock and ragas with heavy riffs and raw, visceral guitar solos - as well as more familiar, tender moments - which will surprise hawley's fans and peers alike. exploring lyrical themes of love, loss, redemption and darker areas of the human condition, it's an album of ominous storytelling and cosmic exploration, sung in hawley's rich baritone and soundtracked by an epic musical journey in glorious, menacing technicolor. in the tradition of hawley's previous albums, the title is inspired by an area of sheffield.
description from www.roughtrade.com
- Watch: Suede, Foals, Richard Hawley, The Cribs, Everything Everything live for 6 Music
- "I don’t believe in mumbo jumbo" - DiS meets Richard Hawley
- This Week's Singles 1.10.12: Alt-J, Pollens, Richard Hawley, Tilly & The Wall, Allo Darlin'
- In Photos: Richard Hawley @ City Hall, Sheffield
- Drowned In Nottingham #9: Festivals special
- Richard Hawley - Standing at the Sky's Edge
- In Photos: Latitude Festival 2010 @ Henham Park, Suffolk
- Camera Obscura to release collaborative single with Richard Hawley