- Chemikal Underground »
the cd comes in a gatefold digipak with a 10 page roll fold insert. aidan moffat's first full length album in over two years is a collaboration with glasgow's experimental jazz composer bill wells. heavily anticipated new material on the back of a handful of special shows, notably chemikal underground's 15th anniversary show in january last year and aidan's valentine review show at london's bush hall earlier this year. aidan's lyric writing continues to stand head and shoulders above his peers; with this album, against wells' subtly nuanced backdrops, moffat's lyrics truly shine. a modern laureate part-bukowsi, part-cutler, aidan's observations on ageing and reminiscences of youth are funny, melancholy, filthy and at times profoundly moving. with his extraordinary capacity with lyrics, aidan moffat could and
should be regarded alongside nick cave, elvis costello and tom waits. the album will particularly appeal to the 30+ age group and discerning music fan coming to aidan's work for the first time. the cover art / portraits were produced by frank quitely, the world
renowned comic book artist famous for his work with grant morrison on 'new x-men', 'we3' and 'batman and robin'.
description from www.roughtrade.com
Bill Wells and Aidan Moffat have created a stunning album that assures us of the death and decay that is to come, but equally, they tell us, as long as we are still around, there is life to be lived, and music like this to be heard.»
- "No one wants to spend fifty minutes with an album if it’s all just misery" - DiS meets Aidan Moffat
- Aidan Moffat releases Oh! What A Night Before Christmas
- This Week's Singles: 17/10/11 Lana Del Rey, Connan Mockasin, Django Django, Aidan Moffat
- Listen: Aidan Moffat & Bill Wells cover 'Cruel Summer'
- Watch: Bill Wells & Aidan Moffat - 'Cages'
- Documentary: A day in the life of Aidan Moffat & Bill Wells' funeral directors business
- Aidan Moffat on Getting Older...
- Watch: 'And So Must We Rest' by Aidan Moffat & Bill Wells (DiS exclusive)