- Foo Fighters »
- Columbia Records »
produced by butch vig and mixed by alan moulder, 'wasting light' was recorded entirely on analog tape in the garage of grohl's home in california's san fernando valley. the no computers / no software back-to-basics approach has resulted in arguably the strongest and most cohesive effort of the band's 15-year-plus career: from first single 'rope' to the frenetic opener 'bridge burning' to the beautifully bipolar 'these days' to stunning guest spots from bob mould ('dear rosemary') and krist novoselic ('i should have known'), 'wasting light' is a singular triumph: a band that's headlined arenas, stadiums and festivals the world over stripping itself down to the bare essentials and coming up with a world class band's finest hour.
description from www.roughtrade.com
- 10 Things we've learned from Dave Grohl's documentary about Sound City studios
- Leeds Festival 2012: Drowned In Sound's Friday blog
- Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
- In Photos: Foo Fighters @ Wembley Arena London
- Krist Novoselic and Butch Vig feature on new Foo Fighters LP
- Krist Novoselic dubs Dave Grohl 'greatest rock musician in the world'
- Friday Fun: Kids sing the funniest things
- Drowned in Reading Festival: A Greatest Hits Mixtape