- Lykke Li »
- Atlantic »
rough trade exclusive with a bonus 5 track cd featuring mixes from beck, mike d from the beastie boys, primary 1, dave sitek and the magician. swedish siren lykke li returns with a stunning album that is older, wiser, stronger and much sexier. in the two and a half years since her debut release 'youth novels', lykke li has grown and matured as an artist, eschewing open and honest, heart-on-the-sleeve pop for a darker, more edgier sound. heavy bass drums, sombre, marching beats and serious monotone choruses are the order of the day - interwoven with heavy lashings of off-kilter african rhythms, ringing hammond organs and ridiculously catchy hooks. produced by bjorn yttling of peter, bjorn and john fame, li's image has done a distinct u-turn with this album, with the swedish indie singer transforming herself from a feather-light, delicate soul into a tough, powerful woman. standout cuts include the thrilling and raw spector esque 'sadness is a blessing', the spooked alt-folk lament 'i know places' and
single 'i follow rivers' which is a sad tale of romantic devotion set to tribal rhythms and suitably aqueous synths. 'wounded rhymes' is a seductive and fearless masterclass from lykke li.
description from www.roughtrade.com
- News Mixtape: July 2012 ft. Frank Ocean, Death Cab's Ben Gibbard, Peter Broderick, Lykke Li and more
- Listen: Miike Snow and Lykke Li - 'Black Tin Box'
- Spotifriday #119: Lykke Li, Drake, Factory Floor, Tim Hecker, R.E.M...
- Nordic Music Prize 2011 shortlist announced
- Fourche à Foin: DiS en Pitchfork Music Festival, Paris
- In Photos: End Of The Road Festival 2011 @ Larmer Tree Gardens, Dorset
- In Photos: Lovebox Festival 2011 @ Victoria Park, London
- In Photos: Latitude Festival 2011 @ Henham Park, Suffolk