- Badly Drawn Boy »
- One Last Fruit »
limited double cd version thar features a bonus disc called 'it's what he's thinking'. this is basically one piece of music whereby andy votel has deconstructed the original album and pieced it all back together again in his own inimitable style with lots of loops, re-editing and so on to make it into something brand new. penning the soundtrack to last year's caroline aherne film 'the fattest man in britain' sparked a period of unprecedented creativity for gough, resulting in a wealth of terrific new songs. gough decided the best way to capture this surge, and give the songs the exposure they deserved was to release a trilogy of albums. the trilogy is called 'it's what i'm thinking' and part 1 is 'photographing snowflakes'. gough was invigorated and inspired by the approach of artists like mid-period bob dylan or neil young, who would go into the studio to record an album when the songs were flowing, rather than when the music industry cycle dictated to them. being back on his own label, one last fruit, and working closer again with twisted nerve's co-founder andy votel, has also reenergised gough.
description from www.roughtrade.com
It’s What I’m Thinking Part One: Photographing Snowflakes marks a new chapter in Badly Drawn Boy’s career that hopefully this time will see him finally weather out that Mercury storm. »
- In Photos: The Flaming Lips @ The Eden Sessions, Cornwall
- In Photos: Friends Of Mine Festival 2011 @ Capesthorne Hall, Macclesfield
- Badly Drawn Boy - It's What I'm Thinking Part 1: Photographing Snowflakes
- This Week's Singles: 04/10/10
- Green Man 2008: Q&A with festival founder
- WIN! Tickets to the DiS-sponsored Green Man Festival - last day!
- Green Man 2008: full line-up and running order here
- WIN! Tickets to UNKLE's huge show next week