- White Hinterland »
- Dead Oceans »
on 'kairos', we find white hinterland exploring the edges of minimal pop, accomplishing a delicate but lively seduction through deep, patient bass throbs, prismatic synth textures, and direct, intimate songs sung with an empowered gravitas. here casey dienel tailors the acrobatics of her former songwriting into a slender focus, folding it into deeper grooves. beneath the baroque arrangements and intellectual lean of dienel's previous musical efforts was a sexiness that 'kairos' exposes, showing the artist for what she is: powerful and comfortable in her own skin, with a glittery voice weaned on pop r&b. with a sound so modern, so contemporary, 'kairos' fixes white hinterland's gaze firmly on the future. on dead oceans.
description from www.roughtrade.com
- 50 Musicians To Follow On Instagram
- Listen: Download White Hinterland - 'Don't Take It Personal'
- Drowned in Sound staff members: #1 Albums of 2010
- Spotifriday #59 - This week on DiS as a playlist
- Listen: worriedaboutsatan remix White Hinterland's 'Icarus'
- Watch: White Hinterland - 'Begin Again'
- eMusic reveal their picks of 2010 so far
- In Photos: DrownedinSound presents White Hinterland @ The Harley, Sheffield