- Monsters of Folk »
- Rough Trade »
monsters of folk - comprised of bright eyes' conor oberst and mike mogis, my morning jacket's jim james and singer / songwriter m ward - release their first collaborative album via rough trade. the self-titled effort was recorded in malibu, ca and omaha, ne, and produced by mike mogis. although these critically acclaimed artists have shared the stage before, this album marks their first recorded output as a band. all four members play every instrument on the album and the music ranges from road-worn to intimate to sun-soaked to lennon esque to pure country. the talent from each individual shines through to deliver a special album.
description from www.roughtrade.com
Whilst the odd sneering critic might correctly point out that Monster's of Folk doesn't match the highest water marks of any member's previous career to date, to be fair, as a stand alone work it doesn't have to. If this was an offering from a new band then those same critics would be falling over each other to say what a fine record it is. »
- “Good things change a little to adjust to the times” - Conor Oberst on the return of Desaparecidos
- Joanna Newsom to feature on new Roots record
- Spotifriday #40 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- Watch: Monsters of Folk - 'Dear God'
- Watch: Monsters of Folk - 'Say Please'
- Spotifriday #17 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- Monsters of Folk - Monsters of Folk
- Get Your Folk On: Supergroup Monsters of Folk to tour Europe