- The Field »
- Kompakt »
the field, aka axel willner, follows up the immense 'here we go sublime' album, one of the most highly acclaimed releases of 2007. now, willner's label, kompakt, moves forward with his sophomore full length, 'yesterday and today'. on the new album, willner expands his palette, continuing the oblique sampling strategy of 'from here we go sublime' while building up the rhythmic architecture. the album features a group of different musicians and on the title track, willner collaborates for the first time with battles / helmet drummer john stanier, further emphasising the fact that the field are just as comfortable with an all tomorrow's parties-style indie crowd as a dance crowd at fabric. since startling the world with 'from here we go sublime', willner has been much in demand as a remixer, with tracks from thom yorke to battles to maps raising his profile, so that now legions are gathered, in that spit-shined terminal, waiting for their blissed-out departure.
description from www.roughtrade.com
- Weekend Listening: Biffy Clyro, Halls, Grizzly Bear, Blondes, Perfume Genius covers Madonna
- Latitude 2012 Bill: Bon Iver, Bat for Lashes, Brian Cox and billions more brilliant bands announced
- DiS' Favourite Albums of 2011: 20-6
- In Photos: ATP Nightmare Before Christmas Day Two curated by Battles
- Nordic Music Prize 2011 shortlist announced
- The Field - Looping State of Mind
- Listen: Download The Field - 'Then It's White'
- The Field announces new album release for October