- Camera Obscura »
- 4AD »
camera obscura's last album, 'let's get out of this country' was to prove pivotal, taking them out of the shadows and to long-deserved new heights. the band had finally found the time and ears of discerning music fans worldwide. nearly three years on from that release and camera obscura are ready to release the follow up, 'my maudlin career', their first for 4ad and fourth overall. after his successful touches on their last album, the band returned to sweden to work again with producer jari haapalainen (ed harcourt, peter, bjorn and john, the concretes). his wonderful understanding with the band continues to flourish, again fully realising not just the potential of lead singer tracyanne campbell's songs and remarkable voice, but also the ensemble musicianship of the group as a whole. speaking about 'my maudlin career', tracyanne campbell commented, "some people who have heard it say it's intense and quite dark. i suppose it is in a way. we were even more open and brave when making it than we were with the last record. i've never been so brutal when its come to writing lyrics. i wouldn't even call them lyrics. just documentation of what was going on with me for a while. i truly believe it's the best we've done so far".
description from www.roughtrade.com
- Wild Beasts, Camera Obscura + more for Bowlie 2
- Drunk and dirty: What makes Glasgow the country’s most exciting music scene?
- Camera Obscura to release collaborative single with Richard Hawley
- Boris, Camera Obscura + more for Pavement curated ATP
- 4AD give away free 12-track sampler, lovely stuff
- Spotifriday #23 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- This Week's Singles: 2/11/09
- Green Man 2009 - The DiS Review