Bowie taking a year off
- David Bowie »
To be honest, you'd be forgiven for thinking David Bowie was already taking time out from the music industry - his last album, Reality, was released back in 2003, and he underwent heart surgery in 2004 - but now pop's first true chameleon is officially taking time out from the business.
Bowie, 59, told the New York Metro:
"I'm fed up with the industry and I've been fed up for quite sometime.
"I'm taking a year off, no touring, no albums. I go for a walk every morning, and I watch a ton of movies. One day, I watched three Woody Allen movies in a row."
Rumours Stateside claim that Bowie is penning the soundtrack to a musical based on the life of Bruce Lee, but the singer has denied his involvement with said project. He has, though, mentioned that he may one day move into opera.
Labyrinth: The Opera, anyone?
- DiS Digest: January 2013's Album of the Month, Playlist + more...
- Where Was He Then? David Bowie's Not-So 'Lost' Decade
- Watch: RadioSoulwax Presents Dave
- The DiS Community's... 101 Favourite Albums
- Playlist: Record Store Day 2012
- Hunky Dory movie giveaway: Win £100 HMV Voucher and Headphones!
- Where Is The Thin White Duke? He's In HERE!
- Spotifriday #61 - This week on DiS as a playlist