Danger! The Rapture Mouse about in the studio
The Rapture's forthcoming follow-up to 2003's Echoes will emerge signed, sealed and delivered by chart-topping producer Danger Mouse.
The punk-funkers (ergh... sorry) have been recording with the cartoon-monikered half of current number ones Gnarls Barkley in Los Angeles. Drummer Vito Roccoforte (c'mon, that's gotta be the best name for a drummer, ever) told Rolling Stone that the demos thus far are a little brighter than previous offerings.
"The early demos we've played for people, they've said it's a little more 'like sunshine'. You know, a little brighter. Because of the headspace we were in."
The band reportedly have around thirty songs in various stages of completion. Guitarist Luke Jenner said of working with Danger Mouse:
"(Working with) Danger Mouse is definitely the most far-out thing we've done. This is the closest to a collaboration we've done - and it's definitely not a traditional approach. He just treats us like samples. Instead of me going in and playing a guitar part - he'll take a little loop of it and use it to sound like something's exploding. It doesn't even sound like a guitar after he's done with it sometimes. That's new for us."
- In Photos: Lovebox Festival 2012 @ Victoria Park, London
- In Photos: Rockness Festival 2012 @ Loch Ness, Scotland
- In Photos: Primavera Sound 2012 @ Parc Del Forum, Barcelona
- Spotifriday #113 - This Week as DiS on a playlist ft. Ben Frost, Lana Del Rey, Warpaint + more
- Turbulent Times: DiS meets The Rapture
- In Photos: Jersey Live Festival 2011 @ Royal Jersey Showground
- In Photos: The Rapture @ XOYO, London
- The Rapture - In the Grace of Your Love