Naomi Awards: celebrating the cackest of the cack in poop musak
This year's Naomi Awards - held around the time of The Brits to remind folk of the very worst that pop's had to offer over the last 12 months - have revealed that Westlife are the biggest losers of late to hang about our charts like a bad smell.
The Irish boyband claimed three awards this year: Worst International Group, Worst International Album and a special award for Outstandingly Bad Contribution To Music. The awards are organised by digital music channel, Music Choice.
Jessica Simpson, pictured, was 'honoured' with the title of Worst International Female Solo Artist, while Jack Johnson won Worst International Male Solo Artist.
Worst Urban Act was awarded to Ms Dynamite, and Worst International Breakthrough Act went the way of The Pussycat Dolls.
The Brits proper take place tonight. The aforementioned Irish outfit are up for Best Pop Act at the event, and have announced details of a party to celebrate their victory (thanks, The Sun). On problem: the winners haven't been announced yet, and bookies aren't confident Westlife will romp home, especially not with a certain Mr Blunt biting at their heels.
The full rundown of Naomi 'winners' looks like this:
Worst British Male Solo Artist: Lee Ryan
Worst British Female Solo Artist: Lisa Scott-Lee
Worst British Album: Steve Brookstein - Heart & Soul
Worst British Single: Lisa Scott-Lee - 'Electric'
Worst Attempt At Rock: Son of Dork
Worst Urban Act: Miss Dynamite
Worst Live Act: Babyshambles
Worst Pop Act: Lisa Scott-Lee
Worst International Male Solo Artist: Jack Johnson
Worst International Female Solo Artist: Jessica Simpson
Worst International Album: Westlife - Face to Face
Worst International Group: Westlife
Worst International Breakthrough Artist: Pussycat Dolls
Outstandingly Bad Contribution To Music: Westlife
- DiS Does Pop #2 - How Global Radio subverted the UK boy band landscape
- Chart round-up: We're so tired we don't even care that people are buying the new Gwen Stefani single
- Chart round-up: it's a DiScussion, too. Wow!
- Westlife likely to beat both U2 and Oasis to album chart top spot
- DiS's chart update: boybands rule, again!
- Walsh surprised at Westlife's success
- Naomi Awards: celebrating the cackest of the cack in poop musak
- 2005's biggest sellers: Blunt owns all our arses