Here is the chart (made up outta the top 5 albums) voted for by 48 of the people who make this site what it is and keep it filled with information and opinions for you, all year (you could call them staff, hacks, alkies, whatever..). Each of these has a link you can click for the review in a new window (where available! grr!).
And without further ado, here goes...
1. The Streets - Original Pirate Material.
2. Mclusky - Do Dallas
3. Foo Fighters - One By One
4. Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
5. Idlewild - The Remote Part
6. ...And You Will Know Us by The Trail of Dead - Source Tags and Codes
7. The Cooper Temple Clause - See This Through and Leave
8. Bright Eyes - Lifted or The Story is in The Soil Keep Your Ear to the Ground
9. Queen Adreena - Drink Me
10. Reindeer Section - Son of Evil Reindeer
11. Sigur Rós - ( )
12. Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots (for some reason we argued about reviewing this and no-one did it!)
13. Ladytron - Light & Magic
14. Desaparecidos - Read Music/Speak Spanish
15. Six By Seven - The Way I Feel Today(See: Flaming Lips)
16. Interpol - Turn On the Bright Lights
17. Sleater-Kinney - One Beat
18. Tori Amos - Scarlett Walk (we weren't sent a copy cus Sony suck ass!)
19. The Coral - The Coral
20. Doves - Last Broadcast
There will be a top 50 posted with multiple staff opinions of each record and hopefully a readers chart too (if we can ply the designers with enough chocolate!). Oh and probably a list of records everyone should hear, that we loved individually which didn't make the list too.
DiScuss: Is this a shock? Would Dylan-of-today Conor Oberst be at number if we combined Desaparecidos with the Bright Eyes album? How did the Coral slip in there? Should we sack the people who voted for The Coral? What were you top 5 albums of the year? What's going to be the record of next year?