Greatest hits? No(el) way!
- Oasis »
Oasis' Noel Gallagher has expressed his concerns over Sony Music releasing a best-of compilation to call time on the contract between the parties.
The band's deal expires next year, and Noel is worried that Sony will cash in while they can, releasing a greatest hits record before they lose the band.
"I'm worried they'll cash in and release a best-of," said Noel. "I've always said we'd never do one until we'd split.
"I think they're going to force our hand. I really wouldn't want to do one, but if they put one out we'll have to get involved otherwise it'll be shit."
Noel has said that the band will not consider re-signing with Sony, and said that a best-of release would constitute them "doing the dirty" on the band:
"It's all a scam. You should put one out only when you're finished - in chronological order. But I have a feeling they'll do the dirty on us."
- Andy Bell of Ride & Oasis: "It would be a shame if we never got to play those songs one more tim
- Oasis - Time Flies 1994-2009
- NME Awards 2010 shortlist announced
- Spotifriday #30: This Week on DiS as a Playlist
- Animal Collective, Bat For Lashes and Florence up for Brit Awards
- Friday Fun: Guess the song from The Music Painter
- The Insider: Class Wars
- In The City demo deadline fast approaching