Radiohead are the best, Oasis are crap (Q awards)
Despite releasing nothing but a live album over the past year, the band beat both U2 and Oasis to the title. Oasis also lost out for Best Single to Sugababes for 'Freak Like Me', and the Best Live Act title that went to The Hives.
The best album title went to Coldplay for 'A Rush Of Blood To The Head', and now have now won the title twice with debut 'Parachutes' taking the prize in 2000.
Winners of honorary titles included Tom Jones who landed the Q Merit Award for his career stretching nearly four decades, Depeche Mode were given the Q Innovation Award while Echo And The Bunnymen got the Q Inspiration Award.
Simon Cowell won the Q Unwanted Award, having received the most votes for the person music fans want to see banned from the awards.
The full Q Awards 2002 list of winners is:
Best new act - Electric Soft Parade
Q merit award - Tom Jones
Best single - Sugababes, Freak Like Me
Best video - Pink, Get The Party Started
Best producer - Moby (for his own album, 18)
Q innovation award - Depeche Mode
Best live act - The Hives
Best album - Coldplay, A Rush of Blood to the Head
Q inspiration award - Echo And The Bunnymen
Q classic songwriter award - Jimmy Cliff
Best act in the world today - Radiohead
- Canon in the 1990s: From Spiritualized to Coolio, Regurgitating Pachelbel's Canon
- Andy Bell of Ride & Oasis: "It would be a shame if we never got to play those songs one more tim
- Oasis - Time Flies 1994-2009
- NME Awards 2010 shortlist announced
- Spotifriday #30: This Week on DiS as a Playlist
- Animal Collective, Bat For Lashes and Florence up for Brit Awards
- Friday Fun: Guess the song from The Music Painter
- The Insider: Class Wars