Primal Scream open the Marquee, then tour
- Primal Scream »
The Wardour Street venue in central London has been closed since 1996 with "sweat so intense that Jimi Hendrix's guitar kept going out of tune when he stood on stage" Celeb-tramp Bob Geldof once likened it to an outside toilet. the new venue is situated in Parkfield Street, Islington, almost 3 miles north of it's last location...
The opening night has been delayed for a few weeks, and is now set for this thursday the 5th of September and features Primal Scream. Tickets have sold out by now so you'll have to wait for a less exclusive night to come along, one with a smaller guestlist etc, before you'll be able to see just what they've done to the place described as "industrial Moulin Rouge".
Anyway, Primal scream have announced a full (well, quite a short one, but they are old men) UK tour for this December including 2 London dates. Support on the 2nd night is from Black Rebel Motercycle Club.
6th - Brixton Academy
7th - Brixton Academy (with BRMC)
9th - Liverpool Royal Court
10th - Birmingham Academy
12th - Sheffield Octagon
13th - Manchester Academy
16th - Edinburgh Corn Exchange
17th - Glasgow Barrowlands
Primal Scream are also supposed to headline the French Inrockuptibles Festival in November organised by the famous french rock newspaper Les Inrockuptibles. More details as they come, in French.
- Primal Scream - More Light
- Primal Scream, AlunaGeorge @ The Hospital Club, London, Thu 26 April
- "Kids aren't as political now" - DiS meets Bobby Gillespie of Primal Scream
- My Top 10 live performances of 2012 by Dom Gourlay
- "We became seminal for doing nothing": DiS meets Debbie Googe of My Bloody Valentine
- Festival No.6: the DiS review
- In Photos: Jersey Live Festival 2012 @ Royal Jersey Showground, Trinity
- Jersey Live 2012: The DiS Review