Oasis: How to make friends & influence people
- Oasis »
In a recent interview with the New York Post , He showed how much he understood the importance of breaking into the American pop market and keeping his finger on the pulse of the youth of today by making a call that "Actually, you shouldn't be able to buy records until your 16."
He then lambasted US teenagers as "little immature idiots" who would "buy anything...You'll buy any old nonsense...Britney Spears and Eminem - what's all that about?" , before then savaging the meet 'n' greet system of US record company promotions with, "For our music to be heard, I think that there's just too much politics to be dealing with,"
Ever convinced of his own self-importance he then lambasted Radiohead for selling out to the US market (hmmmm) and then stating that "We've only got half a dozen good bands in England :There's Oasis and there's five Oasis tribute bands."
Last attack of the angry old man or self important wanker? You decide.
- Andy Bell of Ride & Oasis: "It would be a shame if we never got to play those songs one more tim
- Oasis - Time Flies 1994-2009
- NME Awards 2010 shortlist announced
- Spotifriday #30: This Week on DiS as a Playlist
- Animal Collective, Bat For Lashes and Florence up for Brit Awards
- Friday Fun: Guess the song from The Music Painter
- The Insider: Class Wars
- In The City demo deadline fast approaching