Ahead of the albums release next week, you can stream Lee Ranaldo's newie Between The Times and The Tides, right here, in full...
And while you're listening, here are a few factoids about the album:
- Between The Times And The Tides was produced by Lee Ranaldo & John Agnello
- The album - unsurprisingly - features Lee Ranaldo on vocals and guitars
- There are guitars from Alan Licht and Nels Cline
- Keyboards by John Medeski
- Irwin Menken on bass
- Jim O’Rourke is one there too
- Steve Shelley does the drumming
- Plus there's a bit of percussion from Bob Bert
- ...and additional vocals from Kathy Leisen and Leah Singer
- Lee Ronaldo is a founding member of Sonic Youth, now in their 30th year.
- Lee is also a composer/visual artist/writer etc.
- A major collection of Lee’s writings and poetry will be published later this year
In the liner notes, Mr Ranaldo writes:
“This group of songs started in the spring of 2010 on the invitation to play a rare acoustic show in France. During preparations for that show, ‘Lost’ came along. Some other bits came on ‘Fire Island’ that August and more tunes began appearing on various wooden guitars through the fall. At some point it seemed like a good idea to do some proper recordings of them, maybe a lowkey acoustic record. Something was happening, songs were springing out. Soon afterwards Steve came in to play on some of them, and then Irwin brought his bass over. Songs can go a million different ways. Thanks to some amazing friends who stopped by to play and sing, this group of songs went to some wonderful places. Unexpected. I hope you like where they ended up.”
For 2012 tour dates and more visit leeranaldo.com.