You may or may not be aware of the tribute album to Nirvana's Nevermind which has was release earlier this year. It's called, rather cleverly, Newermind and features a bunch of current, relevant and good bands covering the tracks featured on the original album. This has ensured that the "Nirvana cover thing" has enjoyed a renaissance in 2011.
EMA was one of the artists who featured on the compilation, covering 'Endless Nameless' but now she's releasing a split on January 6 with Male Bonding, who also cover a Nirvana track. The one they do isn't from Nevermind, though as it's 'Aneurysm', certainly one of the more underrated tracks. Or just best, if you want to be clear. Have a little listen to what they do to it (it changes, a bit) below:
That split comes out on January 6 through Rough Trade Shops and Sub Pop (via Pitchfork).
Photo by Steve Gullick
- This Week's Singles: 30/01/12 Deerhoof & David Bazan, Dan Sartain, Male Bonding, The Big Pink
- Listen: Male Bonding cover Nirvana's 'Aneurysm'
- In Photos: Male Bonding @ The Relentless Garage, London
- male bonding - Endless Now
- In Photos: OFF Festival 2011 @ Katowice, Poland
- Listen: Download Male Bonding - 'Tame The Sun'
- Male Bonding announce September UK tour
- New Male Bonding record out in August, download 'Bones' now