- St. Vincent »
St. Vincent, aka Annie Clark, aka the utterly brilliant Queen of DiS' collective heart whose third album Strange Mercy (Out 12th September via 4AD) is a very very strong contender for DiS' album of the year 2011, has confirmed a run of dates in the UK and Europe in November-December.
She'll be joined by a full-band, featuring Toko Yasuda (Blonde Redhead, Enon) on mini moog, Matt Johnson (Jeff Buckley, Rufus Wainwright) on drums and Daniel Mintseris (Marianne Faithful) on keyboards at the following places on the dates marked...
10th - Queen Elizabeth Hall, London
11th - Fleece, Bristol
12th - The Deaf Institute, Manchester
13th - Workman's Club, Dublin
15th - Stereo, Glasgow
16th - Brudenell Social Club, Leeds
18th - Crossing Border Festival, Hague
19th - Luxor, Koln
20th - Crossing Border Festival, Antwerp
29th - El Lokal, Zurich
2nd - Frannz Club, Berlin
3rd - Indra, Hamburg
DiS will have a special week of content to coincide with the release of Strange Mercy, including a fascinating chat with Annie about the new record, the banking crisis, her guitar sound, literature, how Marilyn Monroe inspired a lyric and everso much more. There's also a cover feature with her in the latest issues of Spin and Under the Radar (which is a great mag, run by US friends of DiS if you've never read it), which are well worth tracking down.
For ticket links, a free download and more, visit http://strangemercy.com.
- David Byrne, St. Vincent - Love This Giant
- News Mixtape: July 2012 ft. Frank Ocean, Death Cab's Ben Gibbard, Peter Broderick, Lykke Li and more
- In Photos: Latitude Festival 2012 - Day 3 @ Henham Park, Suffolk
- DiS' 15 Must-See Bands at Latitude 2012: 13-11 St Vincent, Antlers, dEUS
- On The DiS Stereo: May 2012
- In Photos: St. Vincent @ Shepherds Bush Empire, London
- Latitude 2012 Bill: Bon Iver, Bat for Lashes, Brian Cox and billions more brilliant bands announced
- St. Vincent talks Tom Waits, technology and Strange Mercy