October’s Iceland Airwaves festival grows curiouser and curiouser with the news that Björk will bring her her Biophilia live show to her hometown festival for a series of six performances at the Harpa - Reykjavík Concert Hall.
Björk will be joined at her performances by the 24-piece all-female choir Graduale Nobili. The shows will also feature her new range of specially built instruments, including a digitally-controlled pipe organ; a 30 foot pendulum that uses gravity to create musical patterns and a bespoke gamelan-celeste hybrid. While individual tickets for the shows sold out swiftly, package deals are still available from icelandair.
The festival has also recently added a host of other names including:
Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band
Zun Zun Egui
For a Minor Reflection
They join a lineup which already boasts John Grant, K-X-P, Tune-Yards, Ólöf Arnalds, Young Galaxy, Deathcrush, Ólafur Arnalds, Samaris, Sin Fang, Honningbarna, Kira Kira, Retro Stefson, The Vaccines, Dungen and more. Further information can be found on the official website. Iceland Airwaves runs from October 12-16.
- Björk - Bastards
- Open'er 2012: Penderecki's violin revolution in Poland
- DiS' Favourite Albums of 2011: 49-21
- Nordic Music Prize 2011 shortlist announced
- Nordic Sounds #1 - Backwards and Forwards
- Watch: Björk performs 'Thunderbolt' live
- Spotifriday #112: Bjork, Burial, Mozart, SBTRKT, Laurel Halo, Ryan Adams...
- Interview: Bjork talks piracy, punk, Lady Gaga and Biophilia