The JD set is one of the most anticipated events on the music calendar and has been creating moments of music history for almost ten years, having featured some of the biggest names and most critically-acclaimed acts in UK music. Artists from Elbow to The Wombats, The Joy Formidable to Editors have all rocked The JD Set stage.
This year The JD Set continues the tradition of unforgettable gigs with the announcement of 3 legendary headliners - Tim Wheeler, Sharleen Spiteri & Mani - performing their interpretations of classic albums from the likes of Pixies, The Smiths and David Bowie.
DiS in conjunction with Jack Daniel's is offering the chance for one lucky winner and a friend to get a behind-the-scenes look at the rehearsals for the London installment of the JD Set plus tickets to the gig itself, where Tim Wheeler and a host of friends will pay tribute to the Boston indie Godheads the Pixies. Taking songs from across the band's five albums, Tim will be joined by Emmy The Great, And So I Watch You From Afar, Ma Mentor and The Crookes. We'll even shout you a cab ride to the gig.
The rehearsals take place in East London on 23rd-25th February, and the London JD Set show is on 24th March at XOYO.
All you need to do to enter is answer the following question:
What is Black Francis's real name?
A. Frank Black
B. Jerry Thackeray
C. Charles Michael Kittridge Thompson IV
D. Vaughan Oliver
To enter the competition, please email your answer, including a contact telephone number to: email@example.com Only one registration per person. Only fully completed registration forms will be accepted. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for registrations which are delayed, corrupted or otherwise rendered invalid owing to technical errors or malfunctions.
There are 2 prizes to be won in total. Each prize consists of:
- 1 trip for the prize winner and a guest to attend 1 day of the rehearsal for the London JD Set 2011 ; including return travel up to the value of £50 per person. Travel expenses will be reimbursed upon arrival at the rehearsal. Prize winners can attend 1 day of rehearsal between the hours of 1500 and 1800 GMT, to be chosen from 24th or 25th February by the Promoter.
- 1 trip for the prize winner and a guest to the London JD Set 2011 o 24th March 2011; including return travel up to the value of £50 per person. Travel expenses will be reimbursed upon arrival at the gig. The winners and their accompanying friend will need to take photographic ID to each gig proving that they are both aged 18 years or over.
Open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, excluding employees of Brown-Forman Beverages Europe, Ltd., their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
The closing date for entries is midnight on 22.02.11. The winner will be selected at random by an independent adjuticator on 23.02.11.
Entry to the event is on a first come, first served basis. Doors open at 8pm. Entry will not be granted if the venue is full, even if you are on the guest list or have a confirmation email.
Prizes are awarded at our discretion and are non-transferable. There are no cash alternatives.
The Promoter reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons. The Promoter and Venue Management accept no responsibility for any personal property.
By attending, ticket holders consent to filming and sound recording as members of the audience, and consent to the publishing of their pictures and images on Jack Daniel’s websites and in Jack Daniel’s promotional materials.
The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control. The performance line up may be subject to change. Prizes for events will be replaced if the event is postponed. Prizes for events will not be replaced if the event is cancelled.
This promotion and these terms are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. The decision of the Promoter in all matters connected to this promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in this promotion. The terms and conditions of the Promoter’s agents and third party contractors involved in the provision of the promotion apply. The Promoter shall bear no liability in relation to these services provided by these third parties.
Promoter: Brown-Forman Beverages Europe, Ltd, 45 Mortimer Street, London, W1W 8HJ_
Know when to unplug. Please drink Jack Daniel's responsibly. For the facts: www.drinkaware.co.uk
- Science Fiction & Sylver Tongue: DiS meets Charlotte Hatherley
- A Record Store'll Change Your Life, I Swear By Sean Adams
- La La Love You Pixies: Ash's Tim Wheeler & Emmy The Great in conversation at JD Set
- WIN a behind the scenes pass to this year's JD Set with Tim Wheeler & Emmy the Great
- In Photos: Ash @ Shepherds Bush Empire, London
- Win: A pair of VIP tickets to see Ash
- This Week's Singles: 02/08/10
- In Photos: Glastonbury Festival 2010 - Day 4