LEEDS: Festival Update. Not off!
- Guns N Roses »
Melvin Benn (aka the man), Managing Director of Mean Fiddler made the following statement:
“The preparations for this year’s event have gone well. The Police, the Fire Service, the Ambulance Service and all the Council Officers have raised no objections to the event because of the thoroughness of the preparation that have gone into this year’s application.
However, the issues of last year have played on the minds of the Councillors and local residents and I believe the Councillors have judged last year’s event, rather than this year’s application. It is an emotional judgement, but I am certain will be overturned at the Magistrate’s Court. In fact, I am unsure what reason Leeds City Council will come up with to defend this bizarre decision and I am certain that Leeds Festival goers need not worry about the future of the event. It will go ahead.”
The appeal will be lodged immediately and weekend and day tickets for the event will remain on sale. So, please, don't cry, don't burn your g'n'r bandana's, don't jump off any bridges, please. Thanks.
- In Photos: Guns 'n' Roses @ Liverpool Echo Arena
- Watch: Guns N Roses get bottled off stage in Dublin
- Chinese Democracy gets a release date
- You Could Be Fined... and so much more: GN'R leaker is quizzed by FBI
- Chinese Democracy: is the truth finally out there?
- Guns N' Roses: the rockfather's band of choice
- Dr. Pepper in hiding as Chinese Democracy is finally finished
- Velvet Revolver split with vocalist Scott Weiland