In times like these barely any collaborations are genuine surprises, more pleasant revelations. You can add another one to this list, too, as the much-in-the-news Tom Jones has said that he's going to work with the not-so-much-in-the-news-as-perhaps-they'd-like The Killers. Could be crap, could be quite good. We shall see. If it happens, of course.
Jones was speaking at this weekend's Latitude festival (via NME.com) where he said:
"I've spoken to Brandon Flowers. He said he admired what I'd done in my career. Theres a connection there because he's from Las Vegas, and of course I've performed there so many times over the years."
I'm not so sure that could be a link that is as strong as a "connection". Perhaps about as much of a connection as a large chunk of the Irish football team of the early and mid-'90s, though. Jones did, however, say that he wouldn't do just anything. And why should he?
"The material has to be right. That's always been my main concern, with whichever people I've worked with."
Of course. In other news, Jones releases a new album very shortly indeed. It's called Praise & Blame and is out July 26. Stay tuned for our full interview with the man, by the way, but whilst you wait download 'What Good Am I?' from below:
- In Photos: V Festival 2012 @ Weston Park, Stafford
- DiS meets Tom Jones
- Tom Jones to work with The Killers?
- Spotifriday #53 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- Tom Jones tells of anger over "gospel and blues" album e-mail leak
- Latitude 2010: all you need to know, definitely, definitely
- Listen: Download new Tom Jones track 'What Good Am I'
- Wales honours its finest talents. And GLC...