- Los Campesinos! »
- Peggy Sue & The Pictures »
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs »
- First Aid Kit »
- Bright Eyes »
- Bloc Party »
- Simian Mobile Disco »
- The Cribs »
It's not just us at Drowned in Sound who celebrate our first decade of existence in the year of the father TwoThousdandTen. Obviously. But it's nice to have someone to share the whisky with, and that includes our friends over at Wichita Recordings, who reach double figures this year. Congratulations to them.
As with most organisations in the music industry, they know how only to celebrate one way. With music. And perhaps a dash of alcoholic beverages. The music will be in live form as well as recorded form. Please find a summary of events and releases below. Go to/buy some of them if you fancy it, there's plenty to choose from and a healthy roster indeed.
There will be a selection of limited edition vinyl releases in aid of Record Store Day, from Bright Eyes, The Cribs, Simian Mobile Disco, Bloc Party, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, First Aid Kit and Peggy Sue.
A line-up of Birthday shows at the following places and dates, all in May.
14 - Brighton / The Great Escape @ Life, Wichita Recordings stage with Peggy Sue, Sky Larkin, Gold Panda and Dam Mantle
21 - London / Stag & Dagger @ venue TBC, Wichita Recordings night with Sky Larkin, Frankie & The Heartstrings, Cold Pumas and Dam Mantle
26 - Barcelona / Primavera @ The Apolo, Wichita Tenth Anniversary party / Primavera Launch Party with Los Campesinos!, First Aid Kit and Peggy Sue
The first ever Wichita release, way back in July 200, was Bright Eyes' Fever & Mirrors and in April it will get its first official vinyl release in Europe.
The Cribs' self-titled debut will also be released on vinyl, with a CD of their original demos included within.
Simian Mobile Disco's Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release will be re-pressed on vinyl, as will Bloc Party's Silent Alarm, all limited to 1000 copies.
Yeah Yeah Yeahs' debut EP will be once more available on vinyl and limited to 500 copies.
Swedish folk-sisters First Aid Kit will release a split 7" with Peggy Sue, limited to 700 copies.
So a variety of wonderful events and releases to get your teeth into. There are also a few more unconfirmed celebrations, including a week of celebratory London shows, which will be announced soon. We hope. Keep 'em peeled.
- In Photos: Leeds Festival 2012 - Day 3 @ Bramham Park, Leeds
- In Photos: Latitude Festival 2012 - Day 2 @ Henham Park, Suffolk
- "Paul's got bugger all to do til the end" - Gareth Los Campesinos! talks to Paul Heaton about his 's
- Latitude Festival 2012 adds Los Campesinos, Clock Opera, Polica, Gemma Arterton, Tom Watson MP...
- "We just got in a lucky situation and wrote some songs people liked" - DiS meets Los Campesinos!
- Spotifriday #117 - This week on DiS as as playlist ft. Kate Bush, Tycho, New Look + more
- Los Campesinos! - Hello Sadness
- Watch: Los Campesinos! - 'Hello Sadness'