East Anglian shoegazers Sennen return this month with a new single, 'Age Of Denial' (well, actually out TODAY!), followed by an album of the same name on Monday April 5. Released on Hungry Audio Records and recorded with one-time Vibrator and now full-time producer Pat Collier, Age Of Denial is the long-awaited follow-up to 2008's debut full-length long player Where The Light Gets In.
Aside from writing and recording their new record, the band were invited out to South-By-Southwest later this month but finances and the refusal of PRS funding meant they had to cancel at the last minute. Maybe next year then...? In the meantime, they have announced a trio of shows (below) with a full UK tour expected for May.
11 - Leicester Firebug (w/Kyte & Former Miss Czechoslovakia)
22 - London Lexington (Sonic Cathedral w/Kyte & North Atlantic Oscillation)
9 - Norwich Arts Centre
Album art (left) and single art (right) are below:
Here's the video for their new single, which is based on Peter Brooke’s 'Lord of the Flies'...
- Sennen - Lost Harmony
- Some Velvet Mixtape: 2012 so far in layers, loops, drones and noise.
- Sennen - Age Of Denial
- Sennen: Single, album, live dates
- Shoegaze Week: Mixtape #36 - The Ultimate Shoegaze Mixtape...?
- Shoegaze Week: Some Velvet Mourning #3
- Green Man 2008: DiS's festival highs (and lows)
- Green Man 2008: full line-up and running order here