- The Big Pink »
- The Big Pink »
- Dälek »
- This Town Needs Guns »
- Charlie Coombs »
- Amazing Baby »
- Stornoway »
- Jonquil »
Billed as an event to "celebrate Oxford's most creative postcode", OX4 takes place on Oxtober 10 and will feature music, of course, comedy, film and art. There's even a sort-of support slot for Oxjam, who will be fund-raising and speaking to people about their climate-change campaign.
Robin Bennett, organiser of Truck festival said:
“We've wanted to bring that SXSW vibe to our home town for ages – and now we have. We're really excited about showing off just what The Cowley Road has to offer and although it's indoors feel free to wear your wellies and get into that festival mood.”
Here's who they've got lined up to play the event:
The Big Pink
This Town Needs Guns
...and a fair few more, too.
See the flyer below for more details in pictorial form:
As well as all the musical performances there's some workshops taking place, too. These include the following:
- Make a music video in one afternoon
- Design the sleeve for the Magic Numbers' new LP
- Record a hit single in our mobile studio
- Write a film script
- Song writing
- Band speed dating (!!!)
OX4 is spread across some of the city's best venues in the O2 Academy, East Oxford Community Centre, The Bullingdon Arms, Restore Garden, Baby Simple, Trees Lounge, Cafe Tarifa, Cafe Milano Basement, Restore Garden, The Brickworks, G&Ds.
Tickets are priced at the very reasonable amount of £15, or £12 for those under the age of 18. This will give you access to all that happens as well as discounts up and down the road on the day. You can get them online or at the following places in Oxford: Oxfam, Cowley Road, Videosyncratic, O2 Academy Ticket Shop and Scribbler.
- In Photos: Camden Crawl 2012 , London
- This Week's Singles: 30/01/12 Deerhoof & David Bazan, Dan Sartain, Male Bonding, The Big Pink
- The Big Pink - Future This
- "Without meaning to sound arrogant, I think we've written a great record": DiS meets The Big Pink
- In Photos: Constellations Festival 2011 @ Leeds University
- The Big Pink + more for Constellations 2011
- In Photos: Wireless Festival 2010
- Glastonbury (Friday): The DiS Review