- Sunn O))) »
Jeans and dirgey doom, they go together like custard and brown sauce. Or so you would have thought. You would have thought that, wouldn't you? Yeah, good.
Well, it may come as no surprise to you in this case that pioneers of the aforementioned genre, Sunn O))) have had their track used in an ad for Norwegian jeans.
The denim items in question are made by design agency cum clothing company Anti-Sweden for their brand new line of 'True Black Metal Jeans'. The track in question is 'Bow 1', taken from Flight Of The Behemoth, but you knew that anyway, didn't you?
Interestingly enough, those very jeans will also feature designs from Sunn O))) collaborator Justin Bartlett on their labels. It's never bloody ending, this.
Anyway, Norway, Sunn 0))) and jeans are three of our favourite things in the whole world. Watch them all combined below, to the greatest effect. As you well know, Norway is well known for its black metal, including such luminaries as the PVC worshipping loon that is Mortiis. This love is now reflected in their jeans.
- Sunn O))) to tour Europe, UK dates
- 10 Years of ATP: Sunday
- 2009 In Photos: DiS Snapper's Favourite Shots of the Year
- In Photos: Sunn O))) @ A38, Budapest
- Watch: Sunn O))) soundtracking Norwegian jeans ad
- Supersonic 2009: The DiS Review
- Supersonic 2009: A Bluffer's Guide
- Battles, Sunn O))), J Mascis and more for 10 years of ATP festival