Burial favourite for Mercury Music Prize
Formerly enigmatic dubstep producer Burial is now clear favourite to scoop the Mercury Music Prize, decided tomorrow at London's Grosvenor House.
Burial, AKA William Bevan, is now favourite with Stan James (5/4), Ladbrokes (8/13), and William Hill (4/7) for last year's Untrue.
Elbow are second favourites for The Seldom Seen Kid with odds ranging from 2/1 at Stan James to 6/1 with William Hill, whilst Radiohead's In Rainbows follows close behind at Stan James (5/1), Ladbrokes (7/1) and William Hill (6/1).
Other contenders for the £20,000 prize include Estelle, Neon Neon and folk-songstress Laura Marling.
Follow live coverage of the event from the BBC here: bbc.co.uk/mercurys**
_DiScuss: who's your money on? Who do you think will win DiS' alternative award, the Pluto prize (vote here), which is also announced tomorrow? _
- Reich, Radiohead and the Pop-Classical Rift: Steve Reich's Radio Rewrite
- Radiohead, Caribou at The O2 Arena, London, Tue 09 Oct
- The DiS Community's... 101 Favourite Albums
- Weekend Listening: LCD Soundsystem, Radiohead, Tom Waits, New Look, Cat Power + more!
- Half-Year: DiS' Most Read Articles, Reviews and Threads of 2012 (so far!)
- No Surprises? 15 Classic Albums of 15 Years Ago
- In Photos: Radiohead @ The Frank Erwin Centre, Austin TX
- Radiohead reveal UK arena gigs for October 2012