Department Of Eagles sign to 4AD
Brooklyn duo Department of Eagles - Daniel Rossen of Grizzly Bear alongside his friend Fred Nicolaus - have inked a deal with 4AD. The label will release the pair's second LP In Ear Park on October 6.
The album - the follow-up to 2003's well-received The Cold Nose - was recorded in the band's hometown by fellow Grizzly Bear type Chris Taylor, and its tracklisting looks like this:
'In Ear Park'
'No One Does It'
'Around the Bay'
'Waves of Rye'
'Floating on the Lehigh'
The title track can currently be heard here. About the LP, Daniel comments:"In Ear Park has been in the making in one form or another for several years now, on and off tour and after work. A lot of these songs felt way too personal to bring to Grizzly Bear - there's a lot of childhood nostalgia and an emphasis on more concise songwriting. Fred and I had license to try some things that I could never get away with otherwise, but we still went for the lushness and and attention to sonic detail that Chris and I always want out of a recording. I'm excited."
- In Photos: Primavera Sound 2013 @ Parc Del Forum, Barcelona
- DiS does Primavera 2013 - Who To See?
- Record Store Day 2013 - The DiS Guide: SoundCloud sampler + Wings / RSD13 competition
- Drowned in Sound's Favourite Albums of 2012: 100-51
- DiS Staff: #1 Albums of 2012
- 50 Musicians To Follow On Instagram
- In Photos: Grizzly Bear @ Brixton Academy, London
- POP Montreal: The DiS review