School shooting: Kooks man lays into old music teacher
The Kooks are prepared to kick people in the face. That was the message coming from the band’s camp at the end of last week, as frontman Luke Pritchard - pictured, in front of someone else's graffiti - regaled the Daily Mirror with the story of how once he booted Arctic Monkey Alex Turner right in the kisser. Boom! Well, now it's a new week and the band have returned with ‘arden up PR tale #2, entitled ‘the one where Luke sticks it to the teachers who said he’d never make it’. Yeah, that’ll show those book-reading bastards.
“At school my music teacher told me over and over again that I was wasting my time and should try a different profession,” Pritchard told the Daily Star.
“I think I’ll send him a platinum Kooks album one day.”
Do we get one, too? Strange as it may seem, DrownedinSound can’t imagine what Luke Pritchard would be doing now if he wasn’t in a band. Media?
Got news? Email us at email@example.com
- Mixtape Monday: The AIM Independent Music Awards 2012 - 50-song Spotify Playlist
- Arctic Monkeys, The Vaccines at Trent FM Arena, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Fri 28 Oct
- SBTRKT, theQuietus, Matador + many more nominated for AIM's Independent Music Awards
- V Festival 2011: The DiS Review
- Björk and Domino Records founder to be honoured at inaugural Independent Music Awards
- In Photos: V Festival 2011 @ Weston Park, Staffordshire
- V Festival 2011: A DiS preview...
- This Week's Singles: 15/08/11 Battles, Darren Hayman, Toro Y Moi, Danger Mouse