Dad Rock Heaven!
Oasis were originally going to be supported by the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club only, but Ashcroft's appearance had been rumoured for days.
Ashcroft performed a number of songs from his Verve days, including 'Lucky Man' and lengthy closer 'Bitter Sweet Symphony', as well as an aborted attempt at the group's 1995 single 'History'. Two new, untitled songs were also played for the first time, with the second also being aborted halfway through.
The concert was in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust.
- Andy Bell of Ride & Oasis: "It would be a shame if we never got to play those songs one more tim
- Oasis - Time Flies 1994-2009
- NME Awards 2010 shortlist announced
- Spotifriday #30: This Week on DiS as a Playlist
- Animal Collective, Bat For Lashes and Florence up for Brit Awards
- Friday Fun: Guess the song from The Music Painter
- The Insider: Class Wars
- In The City demo deadline fast approaching