RIP: Jimi Hendrix drummer Buddy Miles
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience »
Buddy Miles, the drummer who helped Jimi Hendrix achieve no small level of reverence, has died aged 60.
Miles worked with the esteemed guitarist on the Electric Ladyland album and was one of three members making up Band of Gypsys, the last of Hendrix’s established line-ups.
Though the official cause of death is not yet known, Miles had previously suffered from congestive heart failure before dying at his home in Austin, Texas.
“He loved to laugh,” Miles’ publicist Duane Lee told the BBC.
"We spent more time laughing than anything else. He was a great joke teller."
Got news? Email us at email@example.com
- It's only rock and roll but I'll buy it: rare Bowie recording (and more) for sale
- Desert island vids: Portishead pick their YouTube faves
- Swollen dong 'n' crotch power: Jimi Hendrix sex-tape?
- RIP: Jimi Hendrix drummer Buddy Miles
- American 'rock park' to feature Jimi Hendrix and John Lennon on 'Mount Rockmore'
- Jimi Hendrix's family threatens song 'owners' with legal action
- Music at the movies: INXS and Hendrix film news
- 1967: the finest year in rock and roll history