There's a lot to get through, so let's not mince words - World exclusive premiere of the new Yeasayer video, one that wasn't but was by Foals so it's worth it anyway, exposing the great Daft Punk hoaxer and then there was the exclusive news of Beth Ditto and Jarvis Cocker's collaborative single. Jack Spratt? No, it's a cover of Heaven 17's 'Temptation'.
Then, swiftly, from the sublime to the ridiculous to the ridiculous to the repulsive and then way, way back to the ridiculous again. Breathless? Out the house, Jean-Paul Belmondo, we're putting on a ton of fine, fine live shows - Jens Lekman, HEALTH, Yeasayer, Dead Meadow, John and Jehn, Enablers, One More Grain, are all, I assure you, here.
Time is money, $€£€$ FTW.
Klaxons and Rihanna
Klaxons were dazzling us with their stellar union with Rihanna at the BRITs, other people were winning them, Muse announced plans to tour the planet, a BBC Radio 1 DJ was locked up in a Dubai prison, Arctic Monkeys, the Rascals and Final Fantasy made an unlikely hook-up for the first album from Alex Turner's new side-project and there was more news on Scarlett Johansson's debut record...
Festivals - Public Enemy, Radiohead, Battles, Harmonia, Kate Nash, No Age, el Guincho, Cat Power, HEALTH
Click here for a week in news…
A Week in Features
* Les Savy Fav: give an Inches, take miles of smiles
* Stephen Malkmus: trashed but talkative in London town
* Out-there brother: Bradford Cox on Atlas Sound's debut album
* In Search Of The Youth Crew: Cadence Weapon's here to call out hipsters
* Adam Green's weird world: Whoopi and a nine-year wait for fame
* "I have been typecast as the eternal hippy": Vashti Bunyan talks time
* Reading's riot act: Pete and the Pirates speak to DiS
Single of the Week
* Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - DIG, LAZARUS, DIG!!!
A Week in Review
* Foals - Antidotes
* Los Campesinos! - Hold On Now, Youngster
* Cadence Weapon - Afterparty Babies
* Atlas Sound - Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel
* Fucked Up @ Old Blue Last, London, 20/02/08
* Justice @ Astoria, London, 14/02/08
Message board ‘highlights’
* Worst band ever?
…Nickelback: “fuhk da haterz!”
* How many ACTUAL famous people have posted on DiS
* You only have legs for another 50 minutes
…“kick Paul Morley in the bollocks”
* I saw Thom Yorke in Boots today.
…“Mark Morrison in HMV is the only one i can remember” “was he returning something?”
* How good are you at flirting?
…one DiSer chances his arm by accusing an eastern European checkout girl of being a criminal
All at Drowned in Sound
Have a sudden desire for this to turn up in your inbox every Friday? There's a box below that'll get you wild.
Got news? Email us at email@example.com