Chemical Brothers, Prodigy, Dizzee at Gatecrasher brand new summer festival
Famed and flamed Sheffield superclub Gatecrasher has come out with details of a new, fully-formed festival for early summer.
Scheduled to take place over the May Bank Holiday (24th - 25th) Summer Sound System aims to celebrate 20 years of acid house, which is presumably why they’ve booked the Prodigy, Chemical Brothers and Dizzee Rascal to headline the thing.
Hoping to attract a crowd of 60,000, the event takes place in 20 arenas, with 200 DJs and 20 live acts looking to perform at Turweston Aerodrome in Northamptonshire. Details:
Soulwax Nite Versions
Simian Mobile Disco
Paul van Dyk
New Young Pony Club
Axwell and Ingrosso (Swedish House Mafia)
Bloc Party DJ Set
Roni Size Represent
More acts are set to be announced in the coming weeks.
A limited number of early bird tickets for Summer Sound System go on sale this Friday, the 25th of January at the weekend price of £105. After that, they rise to £115 (£155), with single day tickets costing £59.50 (£85). The brackets? VIP Tickets. All weekend stubs include camping; tickets here.
Got news? Email us at email@example.com for back slaps and a credit...
- In Photos: Download Festival 2012 @ Donington Park
- Download 2012: The DiS Review
- No Surprises? 15 Classic Albums of 15 Years Ago
- In Photos: V Festival 2010 @ Hylands park, Chelmsford
- Lady GaGa tops last.fm's yearly chart, but who tops the DiS list?
- 2009 In Photos: DiS Snapper's Favourite Shots of the Year
- Leeds 2009: The DiS review Pt. 2
- This Week's Singles: 31/08/2009