First acts confirmed for Brighton's Great Escape
- Young Knives »
- Tunng »
- Lightspeed Champion »
- Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong »
- Fujiya & Miyagi »
- School of Language »
- Peter von Poehl »
The first “tranche” of acts have been confirmed, it says here, for The Great Escape 2008.
The Brighton-smothering festival will occur in over 25 venues from the 15th to the 17th of May, once again ensuring that the FA Cup final is watched through eyes covered in a thin film of alcohol.
Will it be worth it? That’s for you to decide, using the below as an early guide if you will, but be wary as countless others are yet to be confirmed:
Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong
Peter Von Poehl
Fujiya and Miyagi
School of Language
Updates on that line-up will appear regularly on the news pages of Drowned in Sound, including details of our stage(s).
Tickets for the festival are stood, reasonably for the moment, at ‘Early Bird’ prices of £35 for ‘punter tickets’ and £99 for ‘delegate tickets’; both give you access to all the gigs but the more expensive also grants you permission to be present at the Great Escape convention.
“A varied seminar and talk programme for industry professionals. A delegate pass also includes access to speed networking sessions, insightful interviews, celebrity talks, the delegates bar and priority access to all gigs.”
Got news? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for back slaps and a credit...
- This Week's Singles: 12/09/11 Summer Camp, Laura Marling, Dent May
- Listen: Download Young Knives - 'Woman'
- Summer Sundae 2011: The DiS review
- In Photos: Summer Sundae 2011 @ De Montford Hall & Gardens, Leicester
- In Photos: Lovebox Festival 2011 @ Victoria Park, London
- This Week's Singles: 30/05/11 Mo Kolours, Wiley, Death Cab For Cutie, Seasick Steve, Donae'o
- In Photos: Friends Of Mine Festival 2011 @ Capesthorne Hall, Macclesfield
- Young Knives, Liam Finn, ESP + more for Truck 2011