The man who sold his face: buy Bowie’s mug
- David Bowie »
An exact replica of David Bowie’s face cast for an 80s film appearance has been listed for sale on the internet.
The ‘original life mask – available for £495 from 911.com and pictured right - was made for The Hunger, a film the singer starred in with Catherine Deneuve in 1983.
It was used to test make-up and is described as being “amazingly detailed with every wrinkle & pore evident & would look amazing mounted.”
Surprisingly, judging by what I know about Bowie’s work at the time, the mask’s septum appears to be attached. His famously incongruent eyes, though, remain shut.
The mask was originally listed at £795.
Got news? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for back slaps and a credit...
- DiS Digest: January 2013's Album of the Month, Playlist + more...
- Where Was He Then? David Bowie's Not-So 'Lost' Decade
- Watch: RadioSoulwax Presents Dave
- The DiS Community's... 101 Favourite Albums
- Playlist: Record Store Day 2012
- Hunky Dory movie giveaway: Win £100 HMV Voucher and Headphones!
- Where Is The Thin White Duke? He's In HERE!
- Spotifriday #61 - This week on DiS as a playlist