Home to some of this writer's favourite UK bands - such as Cutting Pink With Knives and Rolo Tomassi - Holy Roar Records is releasing a special cassette in time for Christmas, Happy Holy Roar.
Featuring artwork (pictured) from Dan Reeves (some may know him from the most-excellent band An Emergency) - the tape, limited to 100 copies, is available from December 15 via the Holy Roar website. Click here to get y'self some for between a fiver and seven quid.
Says the label: Only 100 copies EVER. No digital release. No re-press.
1. Throats – 'Reign of Low'*
2. Chronicles of Adam West – 'Untitled'**
3. Mouthbreather – 'Forgainst The Kids'*
4. Rolo Tomassi – 'Film Noir' (demo)**
5. Chariots – 'Born and Back'*
6. Maruta – 'In Perpetual Narcolepsy'**
7. Maths - 'Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?'**
8. Cutting Pink With Knives – 'Sad Sad Leroy Brown'**
9. Tubelord – 'Propeller'**
10. Kayo Dot – 'Stage Ambiance Fall 2006'*
1. Tortuga – 'Dance Like No-one’s Watching'*
2. Barbaric White Elephant – 'My Arms Are Tentacles'*
3. Bloody Panda – 'Photosynthesis'*
4. Phoenix Bodies – 'Filler' (Minor Threat cover)*
5. Paul Marshall – 'The Horsewoman Came Home'*
6. Serena Joy – 'Movement 1'
7. Doom Patrol – 'Campbell'**
8. Omerta – 'Black Teeth Sink Deep'*
9. The Pluto - 'Phal Pancake Universe Bee' (edit)**
10. November Coming Fire – 'Pyxis Nautica'*
* = previously unreleased
** = only previously appeared on a demo/self-release
FYI: Rolo Tomassi play the DiScover Christmas Party on December 15, and DiS's Nottingham Christmas do on December 8. Get down.
Additonal FYI: Kev Kharas just commented that listening to Trans Am was much like "being in Heaven". Yes.