Califumigation: Flea loses home in wildfire
- Red Hot Chili Peppers »
Red Hot Chili Pepper bass player Flea lost his $4.8m home recently in the wildfire that swept across Malibu.
The house, described by estate agents as a ‘botanical paradise’, was one of 49 that were “burnt to a crisp” by the recent disaster in California that forced the evacuation of more than 10,000 people living and working in the region.
45-year-old Flea - real name Michael Balzary - was not at home at the time the fire reached it, as he had recently moved leaving the now-destroyed residence on the market.
70mph winds pushed the blaze that left 517,000 acres of cinder, but now the fires look to be under control.
Got news? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for back slaps and a credit...
- In Photos: Red Hot Chili Peppers @ LG Arena, Birmingham
- Playing records with Neil Hamburger
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm With You
- Thom Yorke supergroup gets a name! And a tour!
- Mixtape #11: Gabriella Cilmi
- Califumigation: Flea loses home in wildfire
- RHCP: 'David Duchovny is a little thief'
- Floods put dampeners on Reading