Smiths man bigs up Radiohead
Ex-Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr** has praised Radiohead's decision to let fans decide the worth of new album In Rainbows.
Speaking at the Q awards yesterday, 1998, Marr told the British Broadcasting Corporation: "I think it's a really fantastic idea because it puts the responsibility back on people's own consciences and deals with people as grown ups."_
It must be all the children. All the children are paying pennies for the new record. Their pennies.
"It's not hiding behind any corporate nonsense, it's just saying 'this is the way it is, let's get on with it'.
"Everyone knows you can get your music for free, so let's see if you really want to show the band your appreciation."
How much do you appreciate?
- Reich, Radiohead and the Pop-Classical Rift: Steve Reich's Radio Rewrite
- Radiohead, Caribou at The O2 Arena, London, Tue 09 Oct
- The DiS Community's... 101 Favourite Albums
- Weekend Listening: LCD Soundsystem, Radiohead, Tom Waits, New Look, Cat Power + more!
- Half-Year: DiS' Most Read Articles, Reviews and Threads of 2012 (so far!)
- No Surprises? 15 Classic Albums of 15 Years Ago
- In Photos: Radiohead @ The Frank Erwin Centre, Austin TX
- Radiohead reveal UK arena gigs for October 2012